FAQs: Additions and Accessory Structures

The health department requires a permit before you build an addition, add a pool, build a deck or add another type of accessory structure. (This is required according to the CT Public Health Code 19-13-B100a.) The FAQ B100a informational document will explain what you need to do before you start building.